Welcome to The New School
Congratulations! We鈥檙e excited to have you join our community. Your next step is to confirm your enrollment by submitting your $500 nonrefundable tuition deposit.
Once you have submitted your deposit, visit the New Student website聽for additional enrollment information.
Below you can find more information about how to submit your deposit, along with additional resources to answer your questions.
Are you a newly admitted student who needs to confirm your place in the class?
Pay Your Deposit Online
To accept your offer of admission and reserve your place in the class, log in to your and use the online system to pay your admission tuition deposit by the date stated in your offer of admission.
Pay Your Deposit by Mail
If you are unable to use the online system, you can pay your $500 tuition deposit by mail with a check or money order. Download the (PDF) and send it with your payment by the date stated in your admission letter.聽Please be aware that we are currently operating remotely and our receipt of mail may be delayed. Please alert our teams at聽enroll@newschool.edu聽if you intend to submit your deposit via postal mail.
Internal transfers are exempt from submitting a deposit. Please follow the link to the nondeposit form located in your offer of admission.
Special Deposit Circumstances
If you paid your deposit in a previous term or belong to a special program that exempts you from submitting a deposit, please follow the link to the nondeposit form located in your offer of admission.
Have you already deposited or confirmed your enrollment?
Visit the 聽for additional enrollment information.
Do you need to review your financial package?
- Go to and click "Look Up Your NetID."
- Enter your New School ID number (it can be found on your offer of admission) and last name.
- Once you know your NetID, reset your password by clicking "Reset Your Password" and completing the reset process.
- Now you can log in to with your NetID and password and proceed to the Accepted Students tab to pay your tuition deposit.
Log in to with your NetID and password. If you don't remember your NetID or password, click "Look Up Your NetID or Reset Your Password" below the log-in box. This will take you to the , where you can look up your NetID or reset your password. Next, log in to and proceed with making your payment.
Have you decided not to attend?
If you're still deciding on your college plans, please . We're available to answer any questions you might have about The New School.
We understand that plans can change. If you need to cancel your admission application, please聽alert our teams at .
Do you need to defer admission, or are you looking to be reconsidered for a future term?
The New School allows students admitted to bachelor's and associate's degree programs to apply for a deferral. All聽聽must be approved by the Office of Admission. Applicants must pay the $500 deposit in order to be eligible for consideration of deferral. Applicants approved for deferral will receive the same institutional awards offered upon admission. Students admitted for the spring term must submit their deferral request by January 15. Students admitted for the fall term must submit their deferral request by August 15. Students seeking a deferral for financial reasons are advised to speak with the聽Office of Financial Aid to best understand their cost of attendance and financial options before requesting to defer their admission and submitting their nonrefundable $500 deposit.聽
Bachelor's-Master's Program Degrees
The New School permits undergraduate students admitted to graduate programs through the Bachelor's-Master's Program to postpone or defer beginning their graduate work for up to one year. All must be approved by the director of Admission. Applicants approved for deferral will receive the same institutional awards offered upon admission. Students who cannot begin classes within one year from their semester of admission must file a new application.
The New School allows students admitted to master's degrees and graduate certificate programs at The New School for Social Research, the Schools of Public Engagement, and the College of Performing Arts to apply for a deferral. All聽聽are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by the Office of Admission. Applicants who are approved for a deferral must pay the $500 deposit in order to finalize their deferral. Applicants approved for deferral will receive the same institutional awards offered upon admission. Students admitted for the fall term must submit their deferral request by August 15.聽
The New School is unable to offer deferrals to students admitted to master鈥檚 degrees at 八方体育app for the summer/fall 2021 semester.
Information 八方体育app Deferring
- All deferral requests are subject to approval by the director of Admission.
- Undergraduate students as well as current New School students who are admitted to the BA/MA program can request a deferral.
- Students seeking a deferral for financial reasons are advised to have a conversation with the Office of Financial Aid before remitting the $500 enrollment deposit to save their place in the class for a future term.
- Transfer students admitted to 八方体育app should first check with an admission counselor to determine whether a one-semester deferral will affect the time they need to complete their degree.
- Deferral to spring entry is not available for Parsons Paris.
- Applicants approved for deferral will receive the same institutional awards that were offered upon admission.
- Students who do not adhere to the terms of the deferral must submit new application materials, including an application and supporting documents, and forfeit the enrollment deposit.
- After approval, students will be prompted to confirm their intent to enroll. Students who do not confirm聽their intent to enroll by the deadline stated in the offer of admission may forfeit their seat.
Have you read our Disciplinary Withdrawal of Admission Policy?
The New School reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission up to the start of a student鈥檚 first term at the university. This may happen if an admitted, deposited, or enrolled student presents academic credentials with grades or coursework markedly different from those in the transcript or other supporting documents on which the original offer was based, or if a student engages in behavior that brings into question their honesty, maturity, academic integrity, or moral character.
- Are you a newly admitted student who needs to confirm your place in the class?