We鈥檙e here to guide you through the application process. Many students and their communities have been affected by natural disasters this year. If you're among those who've been affected and have questions or concerns about deadline extensions, fee waivers, or anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out with requests for support and flexibility. If you have any questions, please email our admission counselors at email@example.com.
Each of our colleges has unique application requirements. These may include auditions, portfolio submissions, or essays.
Steps to Apply: Undergraduate
Follow these steps to apply to our undergraduate programs:
Step 1: Select your college.
Not sure which college at The New School is right for you? Explore your options.
Step 2: Complete the application for your intended degree.
- Use the to apply for a bachelor鈥檚 degree at 八方体育app, Parsons Paris, Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts, or the College of Performing Arts.
- Use to apply for the Parsons AAS degree or the Adult Bachelor鈥檚 Program.
- Former New School students applying for readmission should complete the and follow the submission instructions (PDF).
- Current New School students wishing to apply to a different New School college than the one you are currently enrolled, please see the instructions for applying as an Internal Transfer Applicant.
- Non-degree and visiting student can find more information on how to apply on our Visiting Students website.
Step 3: Follow the specific application instructions.
Use the links below to find the specific application instructions and requirements for your college and program.
Step 4: Check your application status.
Log in to your to check the status of your application materials. Applications become complete and ready for review once all required items have been received by the Office of Admission. Allow at least ten days from the date you submitted your application for the application materials checklist to appear. After reviewing your checklist in the Admission Hub, follow up with schools and recommenders to confirm that your transcripts, recommendations, and other materials have been sent.
Associate in Applied Science
- AAS degrees: for professionals interested in launching or advancing their careers in communication design, fashion design, fashion marketing and communication, or interior design
Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts
College of Performing Arts
School of Drama
Mannes School of Music
School of Jazz and Contemporary Music
Schools of Public Engagement
Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students
- Environmental Studies (BA, BS)
- Food Studies (BA, BS)
- Global Studies (BA, BS)
- Liberal Arts (BA, BS)
- Media Studies (BA, BS)
- Musical Theater (BFA)
- Psychology (BA)
- Urban Studies (BA)
Associate in Applied Science
Application Fee Waivers
The New School waives application fees for those who meet the eligibility guidelines listed below. If you believe you meet at least one of the requirements or might qualify because of personal financial circumstances, please contact the Office of Admission by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 212.229.5150. We will contact you if additional documentation is required. Below are the eligibility guidelines for application fee waivers:
- You meet at least one of the .
- You are a veteran.
- You are an IIE or Fulbright applicant; returning Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Teach for America, or City Year volunteer; Public Policy and International Affairs Fellow; CORO Fellow; New York City Mayor's Graduate Scholarship Fellow; Charles Rangel Fellow; Donald Payne Fellow; Parsons Scholar; or Mannes Prep student.
Internal Transfer Applicants
The New School is committed to helping students find the best programs to meet their educational and career goals. Regular communication with advising staff, faculty, and other university administrators can help inform students on course choices and internship opportunities. If a student鈥檚 educational plan cannot be accommodated in the student's current New School college, an internal transfer may be appropriate.
New School students may file an application for internal transfer in their second semester of study at the university. For those individuals seeking transfer to a major in 八方体育app or the College of Performing Arts, a portfolio or audition must be completed as part of the admission review process. Internal transfer admissibility is subject to available space in programs and the applicant meeting program criteria and eligibility (see below); the university will accommodate internal transfer requests wherever possible, but it is not guaranteed. Please note that students should consult with Student Financial Services to confirm any changes in financial aid packages before confirming an offer. Finally, please consult with an advisor about potential changes in time to completion of the undergraduate degree.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Minimum one semester completed at The New School
- Must be enrolled at time of filing of application
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must have completed the by March 1 for fall consideration and by October 1 for spring consideration (applications received after the deadlines will be considered subject to space availability)
- Response to essay prompt: Please describe your interest in the school, college, or program you are applying to. We are also interested in learning why the program you are enrolled in is not the right fit for you. Share any additional information you
would like the admission committee to know while they review your academic record. (250-600 words)
- Portfolio or audition, if applicable
- Confirmation of transfer within three weeks of offer